Monday, October 21, 2013

Just because I care

Just because I advocate for diabetes...does not mean diabetes rules our lives.

Just because I try to educate about this disease....does not mean that it's all I think about.

Just because I help my daughter with fundraisers for JDRF...does not mean that we spend every minute of every day asking for money, walking, riding, or selling hot chocolate for them.

Just because the majority of my posts on Facebook happen to be about diabetes....her highs...her lows...her struggles...and her victories.....does not mean that I don't have a life outside of diabetes.

Just because I make a conscious decision to help others who are struggling or new to this life...does not mean that I think I'm better than the next guy.

Just because I am passionate about these things and work my ass off to try to give my kid the best childhood and life possible...does not mean that I am a bitch.

Just because I cry tears of sadness on bad days or when I'm tired or when I'm struggling or when I read about another child diagnosed or another child lost....does not mean that I'm a sap or weak.

Just because I give my last dime to diabetes fundraisers that my friends are holding...does not mean that I am ridiculous.

Just because you see things differently and choose to live your life differently than I do....does not mean that you are right and I am wrong.

Just because I can't sit idly by and silent and not do anything....does not mean that I have a big mouth.

I do all of these things because it's who I am. Deep down inside. If you don't like it or agree with it, I'm sorry....I can't help that. I do all of these things because...

I care.

I care about you.

I care about your kids.

I care about your family too.

I love.

I have compassion.

I am stubborn.

I am a fighter.

I'm a dreamer.

I'm a Mom.

I'm a D-Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment