Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I would show you her eyes

If I could choose only one thing to make you see what it's like...
I would show you her eyes
Her big brown ageless eyes
I would show you the flecks of gold that shine like the sun upon the sands of the silent desert
Warm and soothing
Filled with the echoes of a thousand moments beneath the shadows of the moon
Ticking away
silently blowing across the open horizon.

Moments of pain
Moments that make your heart feel like it is being crushed in the grip of a giant's fist
Squeezing the air from your lungs
The light from your smile
The peace from your mind.

Moments of pride
Moments that make your whole body tingle
Each hair on your head
Each beat of your heart
Blink of your eye
Each smile that escapes your lips
Thrumming with the buzz of victory
Joy
Success

If I could choose only one thing to make you see what it's like
How it feels
How it's lived
And breathed
And won?

I would show you her eyes...
Her eyes hold the world
Beneath a blanket of hope
And love.

No comments:

Post a Comment