Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Poem of our amazing day

Had an incredible day with Emma today. I'm still amazed at how it could be possible that I seem to love her more and more every single day...respect her more...admire her more. I am sure going to miss having her with me every day once she goes back to school next week. Here is a poem I wrote about her and our day today.

Softly whispering wind moving across the open field of grass
Hearing your giggles
Watching you run so free,
your hair flying out and trailing behind you
Following close behind
always there
Feeling my heart swell with love...pride...respect
Feeling the smile take over my entire face
as I watch you...being a kid.
You make me feel an unimaginable amount of happiness
every single time I look at you.
Take a mental snapshot of this moment in our lives
Hoping to remember it for always and forever.
Sun shining down upon us warming our souls...our spirits...our bond.
I love you more than hearts and stars
Thank you for making me smile every day
Thank you for making me hold on to those little moments in the sun...hold them close to my heart.
Thank you for making me laugh uncontrollably
and feel like I am 7 years old again.
Thank you for making me feel important...and like I matter.
For looking at me with immense trust and unconditional love in your eyes.
Thank you for being you....unique and beautiful.

2 comments: