Friday, December 24, 2010

Thank you Elaine!!!!

Throughout life there are people that we meet that make a lasting impact on us. They leave a mark on our heart and soul and make us see things in a whole different and better way. I am a big believer in fate and that things happen for a reason and that certain people come into our lives for a reason. I am beyond lucky to have met my sister in law, Elaine. I have only known her for a few years now really...but I feel like I have known her my whole life. She is like the sister that I always wanted. I think it's pretty crazy and random that I actually have her in my life. I'm from the States and she's from Scotland...and our paths have wound up crossing in Canada. I am so greatful for her and I hope that she knows that. There have been countless times where I have been having a rough day and I will either talk to her on the phone, computer, or in person...and she has this ability to make me laugh so hard that tears come to my eyes. She will listen to what I have to say and try to help. Our lives are very similar in a lot of aspects because our own families live far away from us and our children. She understands me on a level that most people don't. What you see is what you get with Elaine...she is honest and caring and supportive. She means the world to me...she has a good soul and is an amazing person to the very core. We can talk on the phone for hours about such random things and it feels like mere minutes have passed. She makes me remember how important it is to laugh and enjoy life and take things as they come.
I could not have asked for a better woman to be the Auntie to my daughter. Emma just adores her and thinks that she is the greatest. Emma is a big fan of Shrek...so Aunt Elaine won her over from the very first conversation she had with Emma all because of her Scottish accent. Emma thinks she is hilarious and always has fun with her when we are together. When Emma was diagnosed with diabetes, Elaine actually took it upon herself to read on the internet about diabetes and learn what she could so she could understand what Emma was going through. What an amazing human being! She is always there for us and always supporting Emma with her JDRF fundraisers and Walks. I am beyond greatful that Emma has someone like Elaine in her life that she knows she can always count on and look up to.
Maybe it is just because it is the Christmas season...or maybe I am just rambling because I have just gotten off the phone with Elaine...but I really just wanted to express how much she means to me. I appreciate everything about her and am lucky to have her in my life.
Wherever life takes you and whoever you meet along the way...I hope you are lucky enough to come across someone as special as Elaine. Your life will be a million times better for it.
If you are reading this Elaine, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being who you are. Thank you for everything you do for Emma and I. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment