Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Elasti-Girl Amy

I know I already posted something today...but i feel the need to write about something else now too. Lately I am feeling like I am being pulled in a million different directions. I know everyone is busy these days and everyone always says how there aren't enough hours in the day...and I am not saying that I have it any worse off than any one else. I just feel like elasti-girl sometimes...i have all of these different things pulling me in all of these different directions and they are all important and they all need to be done now. Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs in general...add being a mom to a diabetic into the mix and it is quite a different recipe. Not only do we get the usual mommy duties of cooking, cleaning, bathing, taking to school, helping with homework, taxi driver for gymnastics, piano, etc...but we also get the duties of doctor, nurse, dietician, psychologist, educator and advocate for our kids health, etc. Don't get me wrong, I do love doing MOST of the things i do every day....but a lot of the time i just feel burnt out. I feel stretched out as far as I can go. Sometimes I feel like I just don't have any more stretch left in me....one more thing or job or responsibility and it's all just going to snap like a rubber band. When I get to that point...like I did today...I kind of just erase everything piled up on the chalkboard in my mind. I sit there and laugh like a loon with my daughter...go outside and teach her how to do a cartwheel...lay on the living room floor with her and talk about silly things. All of these things help me and they are all nice things to do...even though I know that as soon as that moment is over, the list will begin to pile up on my chalkboard and my elasti-girl arms will start to be stretched out again. I hope we never run out of those silly moments that help me get by every now and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment